6.21.2007

7 Random Facts

Suvvi asked me to come up with seven random facts about myself. This is a tough assignment! With two years worth of posts on my blog, it’s hard to imagine what I haven’t written about. But here’s the list just the same.

1. Because the most important issues I usually write about are things like lipstick and dieting, you might be surprised to learn that I am a news junkie, especially political shows like Hardball with Chris Matthews, Meet the Press and the like. I watch these types of shows everyday without exception.

2. I remember when Nixon resigned. Boy, do I feel old!

3. My favorite OPI Nail polish color is Cha Cha Ching Cherry, but on my wedding day I wore a color called It’s All Greek to Me. Appropriate, huh?

4. Speaking of the wedding, instead of flowers, I carried a small satchel filled with old English coins. Apparently it was once a tradition to carry coins from your heritage (and my mother was born in Manchester, England). These coins were a gift from a group of friends that also provided my something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.

5. I play Scrabble once a week, and I’m pretty darn good at it. An old flame and I use to play Scrabble and it somehow turned into our foreplay. Don’t ask me to explain. Just know, somehow, it worked.

6. I’ve been a bride three times, but I’ve NEVER been a bridesmaid. If anyone wants to include me, please do. I don’t want to die never having been a bridesmaid. It’s a goal.

7. In elementary school, I once brought a African pigmy goat (named Billy the Kid, of course) to show and tell. It got loose and went running down the school halls.

If you’d like to play along, please do.

12 comments:

running42k said...

I remember the Watergate hearings as well because cartoons were interrupted.

Anonymous said...

I laughed at no. 4. My college boyfriend and I used to play "strip Scrabble." I don't even remember what our rules were, but it was funny. I hadn't thought about that in years until I saw your list. Glad to know there are other equally weird people out there!

Anonymous said...

I meant no. 5 of course.

Diane Mandy said...

Strip Scrabble? Now THAT I'd like to learn how to play.

utenzi said...

I've played many, many games of Scrabble over the years, Diane, but it never--not even once--led to sex. Damn. I never knew Scrabble had that kind of power....

zerodoll said...

well, of course, strip scrabble is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Like your Scrabble acting as foreplay at least I think thats more normal than NASCAR.

Yep, I said NASCAR. Acting as foreplay.

[shrugs shoulders]

Diane Mandy said...

NASCAR?!?! Hmmm. I'll have to wrap my head around that one, June.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember the strip scrabble rules. I think whoever lost on each turn had to remove something. Thus total high score wasn't the key, but winning by a bit on each turn was. My secret strategy -- purposely blow it on the first few turns to lose shoes, socks, and shirt, then put your game face on and start winning. It won't be hard b/c he will lose the remaining turns because he'll be distracted looking at you in your bra.

jayfish said...

yeah.. scrabble. you wouldn't think that'd be a sexy game but it is.

SassyAssy said...

You are quite the opponent on Scrabble...you even have that cute Scrabble keychain.

Maybe Utenzi should play strip scrabble with his new lady love...he might score in more ways than one...tee hee hee.

Susan said...

I have to admit to having played strip scrabble in the past. But I'd rather block out the images of my opponent, that was a best forgotten time of my life.