6.04.2007

Home Sweet Hiem

In just a few months, I’ll be changing my profile to read as follows.

Name: Diane Mandy
Home: Heidelberg, Germany
Position: Ex-Patriot

That’s right, people. Max accepted a position at the corporate headquarters in Germany beginning October 2007. He will be responsible for global marketing of a 300 million-dollar product line. I couldn’t be more proud of my fellow. He has worked very, very hard for this promotion.

For me this means...I’m not sure what it means. It’s hard to imagine what life is going to look like a few months from now. But I’m not worried or fearful of the changes ahead. I will do what I can to embrace this new life, with whatever it brings...

except for bratwurst and sauerkraut. Alone or together, I really hate bratwurst and sauerkraut. Oh yeah, and not polka or yodelling. I don’t care for those things either. And to be honest, I’m not a huge fan of weizenbock beers, but I’ll pretend to like it if I must.

It will be fine, really. Change is good, right?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are going to love Germany... having lived in Italy, I so miss living in Europe its just different over there... if I have one regret in my life is getting on that plane back to the USA... I should have stayed. And Germany is one of the most up an coming countries in Europe... and believe me, its not only beer, bratwurst (even thought they will be the best you ever tasted) or sauerkraut...

Ohhh I'm so excited... If I'm ever in Germany I'm so coming to visit!

utenzi said...

Congratulations to Max! I agree with Monica, Diane. You'll love Europe.

kenju said...

The best thing about living in Europe is the ability to take weekend trips to other countries quickly and cheaply. The trains there are fabulous and the foods are excellent - most everywhere I went, anyway. You are bound to love it. Everywhere you look there are charming vistas and awe-inspiring scenery.

egan said...

That's a great thing for Max. Congrats are in order for this opportunity. Living abroad is a dream of mine. Will you be able to work over there? Or does this mean even more blogging time on hand? Hey, I almost forgot to ask.. are you excited?

Sara said...

Change is GREAT. Think of this as an adventure. Plus, Max seems like the kind of guy that, if you were miserable, he'd move you back home.

How exciting for you!

Jennifer Simon, Esq. said...

I`m days late responding...

But worry not about the bratwurst and sauerkraut and bier. The area you are moving to produces the best Rieslings and Gewurztraminer wines in the world. I wont even get started with the sachertorten and weinnacht (x-mas) treats! My one suggestion is to start learning to count calories and divide portion sizes under the metric system. Every label has the nutritional elements listed per 100grams of whatever food it is...even if the package contains a totally different amount of the food. It`s up to you to figure out what 100grams actually is....good luck.