10.05.2007

Happy Friday

Being in the delivery room with my dear friends, witnessing the birth of new life, proved to be an amazing experience. Just before 6pm last night, my new little “niece” arrived, fashionable late, but in spectacular form. She was 8 pounds 4 ounces, 20 inches long and absolutely perfect. Mom and baby are doing fine. I had hoped to drop by to visit them today, before I head out of town to see Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez in concert in Washington, DC. Unfortunately, I have developed a nasty head cold. It would be best not to spread my germs to the little one.

My sore throat and hectic schedule this week also prevent me from finishing today’s podcast. I even purchased a new, more professional microphone and pop filter to improve the sound quality of the recording. But not even new technology could improve my froggy voice today. Boo. I know it will be difficult to wait another week for the latest installment, but you’ll just have to be patient. ;-)

Happy Friday and good weekend to all of you.

8 comments:

AmyB said...

YAY, the world is another baby girl richer! :o) Congrats!

I guess I'll wait patiently for your podcast. *sigh* Ha!

Enjoy the concert and trip to DC...hope you are feeling better soon!

utenzi said...

Have fun at the concert, Diane. Now that you've seen childbirth up close like this, I bet your excitement level for your own baby is off the charts. The only downside is the moratorium on martinis.

kenju said...

I knew you'd be blown away by it! Sorry you got sick. Enjoy the concert.

Anonymous said...

Give J-Lo a wave for me! :o)

And I hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your little neice - I am so glad you got to witness such a miracle...hope you have fun at the concert...

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! How exciting!! Did you see J-Los bump or is she just getting chubby? COol that you go to concerts! I miss that!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Auntiness status. Be sure to share any tips for new moms your friend has to offer.

mollymcmo said...

congrats, knew you'd have an amazing experience :)

m