5.17.2006

Is it really only hump day?

It's only Wednesday, but this has already been one tough week. I started my summer classes, which has helped to inspire my bad mood. If you ever want to see a model of inefficiency, visit your local college campus on Day 1 of a new semester. Sure, corporate America has its bureaucracy, but this pales in comparison to what faces students across the country. As I waited in one line after another to fill out forms and take those forms to offices in other buildings, I couldn't help but think that the B in B.S. really does stand for bureaucracy (or another, more appropriate euphemism) and that, maybe, this concept of red tape is rooted in academia.

Or, maybe I'm just pissed off because I am not only older than all of the other students, but also older than all of my teachers. You can decide for yourself.

1 comment:

utenzi said...

I think it's a case by case situation, Diane. What you describe is what I experienced as an undergrad, 25 years ago, but more recent college experiences in Georgia went very smoothly. I think it all depends on how well the school tunes its registration process. Some schools are actually pretty good at this.

Good luck with your studies, Diane!