7.19.2006

It takes a village??

Today marks the beginning of my week-long adventure serving as a caretaker to a 10-year old and a 5-year old. Their parents, dear old friends, have decided to take their first vacation without the kids. Not that I mind, but why they chose me is mind boggling. If you hadn't noticed, I'm not exactly kid friendly. Until recently, I thought child-proofing meant something totally different.

This morning, I woke the kids up, fed them pop tarts, and managed to get them to school on time and without killing them. I guess we're off to a good start.

Poor kids! They'll need all of your prayers for the next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what does Max think of your new houseguests?

kenju said...

Pop Tarts? That might be your first mistake.....LOL

Good luck!

Dan-E said...

ugh. kids. i don't envy you. good luck.

utenzi said...

Mind boggling indeed, Diane. Maybe this is their way of escaping the country....never to return.