1.18.2008

We have an offer!

Update: We have a DEAL!!! Whew. Have a great weekend everybody!

Ladies and Gents,

Thanks for your positive vibes. After many long months, it finally happened. We have an offer of purchase on my downtown condo. The offer is ...uh..well.. meh, but I don't care, I'm ready to accept and be done with it. I fear the U.S. economy is headed on a serious downward spiral and the housing market will only worsen. It might be a mistake to hold out much longer.

Max, on the other hand, would like to negotiate upwards, and we're working with our agent to do just that. I hope it's not a long, painful process. It shouldn't be. We're not that far apart. But, don't uncross those fingers and toes just yet!

15 comments:

running42k said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through.

Bluepaintred said...

woohoooooooo!

I'm so excited for you!

gemma said...

Wonderful news! Unload and clear the way. That's my new motto. I'm not sure about that downward spiral...it sure is a bumpy ride right now but it usually is from time to time and yet...here we are. Nevertheless, the fewer things there are to worry about, the better. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Most excellent news Diane!

I am afraid you are right though, about the housing market (and overall economy) here.

I would take it too. Although I have idea what 'it' is. :P

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

No harm in at least trying to negotiate, right? Woohoo, and best of luck!

Sizzle said...

smart thinking! here's to hoping!

Fabi Yvette said...

Aww, well, we'll be thinking of you and Max and hoping that all will turn out exactly the way you need it to. : )

jaded said...

Good news!

I hope the announcement of great news will follow ;)

utenzi said...

Congratulations, Diane! Now that the condo is sold you can move on to the next big theme, baby makes three. I'm trying to envision what your blog header will look like...

gemma said...

What a wonderful start to the weekend. It will truly be a great one. Thanks for the visit and kind words by the way....we need them.

Anonymous said...

Yeay! Buying and selling homes is so stressful isn't it? We're not ready to buy yet cause we have no idea where we are going to settle. It is a buyer's market but Suzy Orman said don't buy unless you plan to live there for a long time and I BELIEVE SUZY!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! What a relief...I'm so happy for you!

kenju said...

HOORAY! I am so glad for you. The market here stinks!

Anonymous said...

check that resume and cover letter i sent you and send it back ASAP and perhaps I will buy the condo

Diane Mandy said...

Check your Inbox, brother dear. It's been sent.