2.10.2006

Do I dare to go bare?




So... I am seriously thinking of shaving my head. I'm not angry. I'm not acting out. I'm not trying to do the Sinead O'Connor thing (that is so 90s, anyway).

But I am thinking of shaving my head to raise money for a cure for children's cancers. Of course, before I could really go through with it, I'd have to find a very slick wig. Maybe a red one--like the kind Jennifer Garner wore in Alias??

I need help in making this decision, so I am posing this question on both my sites and including a poll on Martinis For One, which I will run for the next week or so.

Do I dare to go bare?

9 comments:

SassyAssy said...

I will help you shop for wigs...something wild!

SassyAssy said...

I also vote for a dark blue wig...awesome with your eyes

utenzi said...

No, no, no! Women need hair. I'm getting depressed already, Diane.

Junie B said...

tough call there.

you have your hair short already if i remember correctly...what the heck ya know?

i personally wouldnt do it, but i have used pieces in the past when i was growing mine back out...it was fun!

KOM said...

My suggestion is to sit down with a bottle of tequila, a pair of clippers, and a wishy-washy friend. Lime is optional.

If you still have hair the next morning, it wasn't meant to be. If you don't, the hangover will shield you from the worst of the remorse for at least 12 hours.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't do it Diane. But I like the blue wig suggestion, if you do go through with it.

3T

Xavierism said...

Perhaps a Carole King style kinda wig????

Zhaan said...

I say go for it! You have more than enough umph to carry off any look you want. Just make sure you can live with the itchy growing out phase. :) I'd chop my hair pixie length if I didn't have a lumpy head. ;)

Junie B said...

where o where have you gone Ms. Mandy???